[SOLVED] GPU performance really bad after New CPU/Windows (1080ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2021
Hello everyone!

i recently upgraded my PC (New CPU, Cooling and Mainboard). New Windows also of course.
I did a Benchmark test before and after the Upgrade. While still using the same GPU it got way worse.
the 2D score went down from 1158 to 269 and the 3D score from 18921 to 11911. (see pictures).
While doing the Benchmark the GPU Usage is at 100%.
when compairing my gpu to the same ones i get really bad scores.
how is this possible ? Benchmark is called Passmark performance test.
No Vsync or capped Frames during the benchmark.

Here are my new PC Specs:
ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
Intel core i7-11700K
Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti (in first PCI-E slot)
XFX 850 Watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR4 3200mhz (2x8 x2, so 32GB overall)

everything seems to work fine, except the GPU. I installed every driver new, device manager got no errors.
Windows and nvidia are both in performance mode.
The only thing is noticed is that the new Mainboard has a 8+4 Pin Power supply, The manual says i only need the 8 pin. Since i had no spare 4 pin left ob my PSU i went for the 8 pin only. Could that be the problem ?

View: https://imgur.com/a/NID1ZVs?third_party=1#_=_

Solution
As of today, your motherboard does not support the I7-11700K since it is an unreleased product.
No doubt, a motherboard bios update with support will be available when the 11th gen is launched.

Similarly, graphics drivers may well need support for 11th gen and will not be available until the product is officially launched.
As of today, your motherboard does not support the I7-11700K since it is an unreleased product.
No doubt, a motherboard bios update with support will be available when the 11th gen is launched.

Similarly, graphics drivers may well need support for 11th gen and will not be available until the product is officially launched.

Reactions: thesexyfox
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.