Question GPU performing way lower than expected

kramerkra

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
Hello all, i recently bought Death stranding. According to few benches i have seen online i should be getting around 130 fps @1080p with settings on high, yet i cant get past 72.

These are my specs.
CPU|AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU|kfa2 Nvidia RTX 2070 (Super)
SSD| sandisk 1tb
RAM 32gb 2x16 Corsair vengeance rgb 3200mz (@2933)
MBD|Aorus gaming x470 ULTRA GAMING (updated to latest bios)
PSU corsair TX750m

Any idea what it could be?
Latest nvidia drivers are installed, checked power settings. Card performs well on Superposition Unigine.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Assuming you're on Windows 10, i.e. Also, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers?

Does the issue crop up when you're taxing the system with other titles? Also, which BIOS version are you on? You should be able to hit 3200MHz with the latest AGESA code.

kramerkra

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Assuming you're on Windows 10, i.e. Also, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers?

Does the issue crop up when you're taxing the system with other titles? Also, which BIOS version are you on? You should be able to hit 3200MHz with the latest AGESA code.
Im on Win 10 Pro

Bios, oddly i updated the bios few weeks ago, and now that i went to check it shows as version f2 which is the original one...not sure if it reverted automatically at some point? is that even possible on this board?
Ill try reinstall the latest bios later...see if that helps!
Also do i have to do a clean install of the drivers? or i can just uninstall from device manager?