Dec 30, 2022
My old specs
I7 9700k
Rx 5700 xt
16 GB 2133 mhz
128 gb nvme ssd
1TB HDD
500 gb Sata ssd

All of these are from a prebuilt pc so I don’t know the motherboard nor the ram names. I added the 500 gb ssd over time so it didn’t come with the pc. The main game I played was GTA V Roleplaying and my game ran smoothly on a stable 144 fps.

My new specs
Ryzen 7 5800x
ROG B-550 F
And the same things from the old pc
After the first boot I loaded into windows and unplugged my other 2 drives so I can reset the boot drive. After that I downloaded the latest bios drivers and gpu drivers then started up GTA V. After loading into the RolePlay server i could see huge fps drops depending on where im facing for example Im at 144 fps and then I look somewhere else it goes to 90 fps. any tips

My old specs
I7 9700k
Rx 5700 xt
16 GB 2133 mhz
128 gb nvme ssd
1TB HDD
500 gb Sata ssd

All of these are from a prebuilt pc so I don’t know the motherboard nor the ram names. I added the 500 gb ssd over time so it didn’t come with the pc. The main game I played was GTA V Roleplaying and my game ran smoothly on a stable 144 fps.

My new specs
Ryzen 7 5800x
ROG B-550 F
And the same things from the old pc
After the first boot I loaded into windows and unplugged my other 2 drives so I can reset the boot drive. After that I downloaded the latest bios drivers and gpu drivers then started up GTA V. After loading into the RolePlay server i could see huge fps drops depending on where im facing for example Im at 144 fps and then I look somewhere else it goes to 90 fps. any tips
"Reset the boot drive", what does that mean? Did you perform a full wipe of the drive and new install of Windows?

Reactions: norcalsc