Question GPU Power Fails after PC was left turned off for 2 days

Dec 18, 2023
Hi, I'm having a dilemma with my PC. Just recently, I went out of town for a short vacation, and my PC was left turned off for 2 days. When I got back and tried to boot my PC, the GPU appeared to power on along with other PC components upon pressing the power button, but after a few seconds, the GPU powered down and the VGA lit up from the EZ Debug LED.

I have tried different troubleshooting steps that I know so far such as:
1. Reseating the GPU
2. Reseating RAMs
3. Reseating power supply cables
4. Power drain
5. Clearing CMOS
6. Removing the PSU cable extensions
7. Inserting the GPU to the secondary PCIe slot

None of these resolved the issue.

I'm thinking that this could be caused by faulty power supply but I don't have a spare components to test either way. I'm currently browsing for new components but I would appreciate any input that may help resolve my case without spending on new parts or at least be certain on which component/s should I actually buy.

Here's my PC specs:
Ryzen 5 5600X
MSI Mag B550 Tomahawk
ZSkill Trident Z Neo 8GB 3200Mhz x4
Colorful iGame 3070 Ultra-W 8GB
Samsung 980 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe
BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 650W PSU
Deepcool LE700 360mm AIO
Lian Li SL Inf fans x9 with L-Connect hub
NZXT H9 Flow Case
Asia Horse PCIe cable extensions
Windows 10

Kind Regards.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

I'm thinking that this could be caused by faulty power supply but I don't have a spare components to test either way.
Source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a PSU that can deliver at least 750W of power to the entire system.

Dec 18, 2023
The PSU is 13 months old. I have a friend who only has a Generic 400W to spare.
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

I'm thinking that this could be caused by faulty power supply but I don't have a spare components to test either way.
Source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a PSU that can deliver at least 750W of power to the entire system.

TRENDING THREADS