GPU Problem After crash

Oct 3, 2018
Hello

I have an interesting problem that I can not solve. A couple days ago I went to book up a game (Escape from Tarkov if it matters) and my 2 screens blinked and then my computer reset. When it restarted, only 1 screen was working as was at an incorrect resolution while the other screen could not be detected. While I was trying to fix that problem, Widows said it had encountered an error, was collecting data and then restarting. It did not restart automatically and thus I pushed the power button and was back to where I only had 1 screen working at the incorrect resolution and after a minute or so again it gave me the same blue error screen. I went through this cycle a couple of times before finally looking online for an answer. I tried cleaning the pins of the GPU and even moving it to the 2nd slot with no avail, all while only getting about a minute out of it before it would blue screen and shut down.

I then read that I possibly had a software error, so I tried reinstalling Windows 10 via the software, but then the PC shut down again. So my plan was to go into BIOS and see if I could get the PC to stay up there as I tried ruling out what it could be. While there I saw the temp of the CPU was getting to 90 degrees Celsius so I quickly shut it down. I replaced the cooling fan (it was a stock one) with another one I had gotten and I was able to get the PC to run in BIOS at normal temperature levels (33-35 degrees Celsius) for longer than a minute.

So when I went to get back to windows, the small amount of reinstalling the software did must have messed up the OS, so I did a completely new Windows 10 install last night. However, once I did that I was met with the same situation as before, my main monitor at the wrong resolution and the 2nd one not being detected. I dug a bit further and my GPU said it was being disable by windows because of code 43. I googled this and tried manually installing the drive, pulling the battery in the MOBO and holding the power button and everything else I could find to no avail. Also in the multiple times I was resetting to get code 43 to go away, I got a new problem where I the PC would boot up to the Windows welcome screen and just sit there for a minute and then go to a black desktop (you could still see the mouse pointer). This probably happens about 1/2 the time.

So I'm looking for anyone's help or input in some direction I should go to fix this as I'm at a point where I've stretched my knowledge as far as I can go. I have a suspicion that my GPU may be bad, but I don't want to go spending money buying a new one to find out its not bad.

Specs:
Gigabye GA-Z77-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6 Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel i5-3750K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4 GHz CPU (not overclocked)

Please let me know if anyone has questions or needs more information.

Thank you