[SOLVED] GPU Problem

bogdanebojsa

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
Hello,
yesterday while playing games on my computer, the screen would suddenly freeze and there would be repeated buzzing noise coming from my headphones after which I would reboot my pc and continue. After a couple of crashes, when I rebooted my pc the display wouldn't turn on so I shut down my pc and removed the GPU. I powered the PC on and it worked fine and the display was working. Today I tried putting the GPU back in and it didn't work but I left it for a couple of minutes and it was very hot, I think it hasn't ever gotten so hot even while playing intensive games.
I also noticed one thing a couple of months ago. My PSU fan started making a loud noise while the PC was on, like there's something wrong with the bearing.
What could be the problem in my PC? Did the GPU die? Or is the port on the motherboard broken or something else? Please help

Intel Core i3 2120 3.3MHz
ASUS Strix Radeon R7 370 2GB
MSI H61M-P20
2x4GB DDR3 RAM
1x 1TB HDD and 1x 500GB HDD
Raidmax RX500 XT 500W PSU

Solution
Either gpu or psu. Say psu since i would just replace that anyway.

Can see if the gpu stil is under warranty,if not try and clean.

Only way to really test is getting a gpu from a friedn or lacal shop,maybe even soemthing really cheap used (that is working), and test with that.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Either gpu or psu. Say psu since i would just replace that anyway.

Can see if the gpu stil is under warranty,if not try and clean.

Only way to really test is getting a gpu from a friedn or lacal shop,maybe even soemthing really cheap used (that is working), and test with that.

Solution