Question GPU problem

Apr 14, 2023
Hi.
Is something wrong with my GPU?
I have a tv for a monitor. When I install the Nvidia drivers for my GPU the screen goes black after the windows loading circle disappears. I can hear the sound when Windows starts up but after that it's just a black screen. After a minute or two my PC restarts and it goes on like that indefinitely. If I disconnect the hdmi cable from the GPU it doesn't restart. If I go into the safe mode everything works fine. I tried using DDU to remove and reinstall drivers. I reseated the GPU and checked power cables too. I tried connecting my laptop to the tv and it worked fine. What can be the problem here?

Apr 14, 2023
When I go into the safe mode and check device manager it just says a generic Windows monitor or something. Everything is unknown when I go to check the details

Jul 12, 2023
When I go into the safe mode and check device manager it just says a generic Windows monitor or something. Everything is unknown when I go to check the details
This sounds like a resolution problem. Have you tried scaling the resolution back to say, 1024x768 to see if you get ANYTHING?

Apr 14, 2023
This sounds like a resolution problem. Have you tried scaling the resolution back to say, 1024x768 to see if you get ANYTHING?
You mean in safe mode? Cuz I can't do anything outside of the safe mode. Why would it make my pc restart tho

Jul 12, 2023
No. My CPU doesn't have integrated graphics
if you had another monitor, you could set the resolution to the TV from there, essentially temporarily using dual screens to do it. I am fairly certain the GPU is trying to send too high of a resolution to the TV.

Apr 14, 2023
if you had another monitor, you could set the resolution to the TV from there, essentially temporarily using dual screens to do it. I am fairly certain the GPU is trying to send too high of a resolution to the TV.
Is there a way to do that without a second monitor? Maybe change something in the registry? Tho I could get a cheap one off ebay

Jul 12, 2023
Is there a way to do that without a second monitor? Maybe change something in the registry? Tho I could get a cheap one off ebay
Unfortunately, without getting into windows initially, I am uncertain. I am attempting to look up a work around but haven't had a bite yet.

Apr 14, 2023
The max resolution on the TV is 1280x720. But when I connect my pc to it the tv states that the resolution is 1330x something. The banner at the top flashes a few times on and off and then pc restarts
Unfortunately, without getting into windows initially, I am uncertain. I am attempting to look up a work around but haven't had a bite yet

Jul 12, 2023
The max resolution on the TV is 1280x720. But when I connect my pc to it the tv states that the resolution is 1330x something. The banner at the top flashes a few times on and off and then pc restarts
So that is exactly your problem, then. You would need to set the TV resolution to 1280x720.