[SOLVED] GPU question on HP ProBook 4540s

Jan 17, 2020
Hi! I apologise in advance for the length of this, but I'm running into questions about this rig that I can seeem to find accurate answers to. First off, here are the specs. This is after a fresh bios install and what I consider my basic PC health software. The only thing of note on the rig at this time is about 32g of pictures and music.
dxdiag ran this morning-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-IuwujTIZcXSVVDMmVHem5yeDdWTm1hc0c5OE9TZmpvMWlJ/view?usp=drivesdk
HP support auto-detect device ran this morning-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-IuwujTIZcXcW83dTN0c3RGVkgxcy15SU96QXowSzkxT05B/view?usp=drivesdk
(Both links have comments enabled. If you happen to look through the diagdx, would you please show me the area with red flags???)

This laptop was given to me by a family member after spilling coffee on it and it wouldn't turn back on. (I used to cannabilze and rebuild decent gaming towers, so figured laptops couldn't be much different.) Since that time, it's been taken apart and cleaned and compound replaced, and has worked fine up until now. I didn't notice the AMD graphics not being recognized, because the games I was playing at the time preformed... acceptably given the age and hardware within. Recently I did a little digging online and found that my laptop does in fact have this gpu, and I verified the parts numbers myself... So here's my issue.
Problem #1- AMD Radeon GPU
It doesn't show up in my bios menus, device managers, nothing. Except HP support's wizard thing. It detects the hardware during a scan, or sees via the serial # that this model was build with it. After many many hours on forums, Google, YouTube and whatnot, no solution has helped. I've found and redownloaded the appropriate drives, installed in correct order after Bios re-install... I've come to the conclusion that it's a hardware malfunction. I've already ordered a new heatsink, fan and compound, and will install and pray that helps... But am I missing something? I know I can do the whole 'compound grease+hot air soder until you see it leech through to all sides of the gpu'. If this rig is worth it, even in the slightest, I will learn the process and do so as I don't have the budget for a new rig.
Possible solution/alterative- eGPU
First, I understand that it's a messy setup and risk possible major malfuntions. BUT! Is it possible with this rig? I've done it with towers, and have seen it done with laptops, but nothing I have found is definitive for this specific model.
Side note- I also own a Toshiba Satallite l675d-s7052 that just hasn't been used (I prefered HP products until this nightmare rig). Which is better to salvage? I understand both are old and I should just upgrade, but as a mom of a toddler, that's just not an option at this point. Thankfully the one game I tend to play preforms well enough that what minor issues I have are tolerable and manageable.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and indulge my ponderance. Have a great day!

Solution
It isn't worth buying anything for sure. That model is supposed to have a spill resistant keyboard, so hopefully that helped to mitigate the damage. I'd just use it for what works on it, and save up all the money you don't spend on trying to repair it or make it fully functional on a budget pc that is actually upgradable.

Remeca

Reputable
It isn't worth buying anything for sure. That model is supposed to have a spill resistant keyboard, so hopefully that helped to mitigate the damage. I'd just use it for what works on it, and save up all the money you don't spend on trying to repair it or make it fully functional on a budget pc that is actually upgradable.

Solution
Jan 17, 2020
Thank you Remeca. This is definitely the goal, and thankfully this 3 parts only cost me $17- worth keeping this one alive till the budget approves new toys. Lol