Status
Not open for further replies.

charles48864

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Has anyone notice the change in the amount of ram to the card? This card has 512 ram.

DXGI Factory Information :
Device : NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (Prerelease - WDDM 1.0)
Total Memory : 808 MB
Dedicated Video Memory : 505 MB
System Video Memory : 0 MB
Shared System Memory : 303 MB

Solution

That means he would have zero system memory available, and Windows wouldn't run ;) Remember that the memory map resides in the upper addresses and expands backwards.

It's something they added in Vista I think, I'm not sure how it works but I guess it's similar to TurboCache but without the castrated amount of dedicated VRAM as well.
I believe he talking about the dedicated portion of the read out which shows that he has 505 dedicated vs 512.

Are you running a 32bit or 64bit OS? if you running a 32 bit os windows my have run out of memory addresses.

I'm running windows 7 beta x64. I have a 8800gt 1GB and it shows all 1024mb of vram for me.

randomizer

Champion

That means he would have zero system memory available, and Windows wouldn't run ;) Remember that the memory map resides in the upper addresses and expands backwards.

It's something they added in Vista I think, I'm not sure how it works but I guess it's similar to TurboCache but without the castrated amount of dedicated VRAM as well.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.