Question GPU randomly stops working after shutdown and after a few days starts working again

Jan 1, 2023
my gtx 1050ti has been buggin me. its an old gpu so its out of warranty period. before shutting down my pc my gpu was working perfectly fine. now the fans are not spinnin and no display.
i hav an old i3 4150 8 gigs of ram. this has happened twice before. i used my integrated graphics for like a week or 2 and then i plug back my gpu which i packed in its anti static bag which it is shipped in and it works just fine. what can be the potential problem and a quick fix. btw both times earlier it also stopped after a shutdown. i hv tried uninstalling drivers through ddu and trying to boot in safe mode but they dont work.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU in your build, apart from it's make and model.

i plug back my gpu which i packed in its anti static bag which it is shipped in and it works just fine.
The only difference between you taking the GPU out to drop it into the system and then placing it back into an anti-static bag, is that you're handling of the GPU. One being where it's been in use and then is removed. The other being that it's not in use or in any contact with power...whereby your handling of the GPU is helping discharge the device. I'm suspecting you have a grounding issue, if not a bad quality PSU that's making a mess of things for the GPU.

TRENDING THREADS