Question GPU RGB is now white.

May 12, 2024
I built a PC for a family member a few months ago and it's been rock solid untill today when they download McAfee and Office 365 and the PC froze and after they restarted the PC the RGB on the GPU turned white (EVGA FTW GTX 1080) and it also blinks white and the PC boots up but there's no display and the processor is an R5 4500 so there is no IGPU. I'm wondering if McAfee could've done something and if it did then how can it be uninstalled (the monitor works perfectly fine).

Lutfij

Titan
I built a PC for a family member a few months ago
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Since you stated the installation of McAfee and MS Office I'd look into uninstalling McAfee and see if you're able to regain RGB functionality. McAfee and Norton and two names I make sure are not on a PC that I build or fix IRL. Speaking of RGB, you should probably have another app that manages your RGB which is why we ask for your full system's specs.

May 12, 2024
I built a PC for a family member a few months ago
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Since you stated the installation of McAfee and MS Office I'd look into uninstalling McAfee and see if you're able to regain RGB functionality. McAfee and Norton and two names I make sure are not on a PC that I build or fix IRL. Speaking of RGB, you should probably have another app that manages your RGB which is why we ask for your full system's specs.
CPU: Ryzen 5 4500
Cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 Spectrum V3
Motherboard: AsRock B450M HDV
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
RAM: 16GB 3200 Team Group Vulcan Z
SSD: Kingston 240GB and Team Group Vulcan Z 1TB
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 700W
Monitor: 27" 60hz Samsung
Case: Ultra (don't know which one. Got the case for free from a job)
The PSU as bought brand new when I built the PC
It has the Precision X1 software but I can't remeber if that can control the RGB and the PC worked perfectly fine before downloading the 2 apps. I honestly don't know what BIOS ver. I installed the CPU into a B450 and it just worked without an update. It is and since it's not sending video to the monitor it can't be checked. The PC boots but won't post and so nothing can be done.