[SOLVED] GPU RGB lights on but shows no display.

Antradabhax

Prominent
Apr 3, 2019
I recently got myself a new gpu (Radeon RX 5500 XT 8gb MSI gaming x), I build it up to my pc and when I boot it shows no display, my keyboard and mouse do not respond. I checked the monitor of course, my iGPU displays normaly, I also checked the gpu x16 was connected correctly to the mobo.
The GPU has 8 pin connector, my PSU doesn't. It only has 6 pin x 1, I connected the 6 pin into the GPU and it doesn't work. Maybe I'll need an adaptator? Or my PSU doesn't have enough power to supply the GPU?
(Sorry for the broken english)

My specs are as follows:
MOBO: ASUS H81M-A
CPU: Intel I5-4690K
GPU: MSI RX 5500 XT 8GB GAMING X
RAM: 4GB x 2 DDR3 G.SKILL sniper 1600mhz
PSU: SENTEY 600W certificated RED (I really dont remember)
HDD: WD BLUE 1T
SDD: KINGSTON 128GB

Solution
I recently got myself a new gpu (Radeon RX 5500 XT 8gb MSI gaming x), I build it up to my pc and when I boot it shows no display, my keyboard and mouse do not respond. I checked the monitor of course, my iGPU displays normaly, I also checked the gpu x16 was connected correctly to the mobo.
The GPU has 8 pin connector, my PSU doesn't. It only has 6 pin x 1, I connected the 6 pin into the GPU and it doesn't work. Maybe I'll need an adaptator? Or my PSU doesn't have enough power to supply the GPU?

My specs are as follows:
HDD: WD BLUE...

My specs are as follows:
HDD: WD BLUE 1T
SDD: KINGSTON 128GB
its the psu.I had a similar problem with my r9 380.When monitor plugged in gpu,it shows LED,but got no screen,also my peripherals werent being powered.I had a 10$ "500W" psu with no gpu power cables and it was complete trash.And if you are wondering when i go to onboard graphics it works.I recommend the psu for you system,cuz its enough and has 2x6+2 pins for the gpu.Also just a quick advice:Never plugg only a 6 pin cable into a gpu that requires 8pins,because you can fry it and if you are really unfortunate end up frying the whole pcie slot,which can lead to frying the mobo,which can fry everything connected to it,so bassically theres a lot of frying xD :https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020121-NA

Solution