GPU Showing display ONLY the first time, appears as Standard VGA Adapter in Device Manager.

NickSim

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
So, i recently bought a R9 270 second hand (starting off strong) which was at a reasonable price. It was for the "eGpu" experiment,which we have successfully tested with other GPUs such as (GT8500) and everything seemed to be working fine. However, when we got the card we were barely making it to the desktop screen. The GPU showed as "Standard VGA adapter" but seemed to heat up, and, as always, spin the fan. When we tried installing the drivers it actually recognised the card and we proceeded to the installation. But at the end we received an error, which mentioned "The drivers are not installed". Every other time we tried to boot up windows.. blank screen, only showing that there is signal coming from the input itself. I'd be glad if we find a solution to this endless trial and error.

Solution
Quick Update: We actually managed to SUCCESSFULLY install the drivers for the card, because it was the first time the card was seated into the pc, and it was recognised EVERYWHERE for the time being. Now, the only thing left is to boot it up once again (to wait and to reseat it after a while).
*ANOTHER UPDATE: We have accomplished our mission, the GPU is working like normal, cs installing, all we have to NOT do is restart, because i am not sure if we are going to have signal the next time we boot.

NickSim

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
Well, we have tried it on another pc, same results, but not exactly to stuck it in. If you mean to make sure it isn't moving anywhere, i guess i will test it the way you may have meant to.
*And yes, we checked it, put the 6-pin connector to the card for additional power, and made sure it is put into the motherboard. It isn't the first card that we have put into the mobo, so it shouldn't be having any problems to be honest.

NickSim

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
Quick Update: We actually managed to SUCCESSFULLY install the drivers for the card, because it was the first time the card was seated into the pc, and it was recognised EVERYWHERE for the time being. Now, the only thing left is to boot it up once again (to wait and to reseat it after a while).
*ANOTHER UPDATE: We have accomplished our mission, the GPU is working like normal, cs installing, all we have to NOT do is restart, because i am not sure if we are going to have signal the next time we boot.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS