Question GPU "shuts off" while in use

Aug 3, 2024
Hi. I've been having issues with my GPU. Whenever my PC is turned on, the GPU cuts out after about 2-3 hours after being on. The monitor just goes totally dark, like it's entering sleep mode (it can happen while idling or while I'm actively using it), and the only way to get it back is to hard reset. While the monitor is pretty old, I'm fairly confident the GPU is the cause, since the audio also cuts out at the same time.

Also, when this happens, I have a hard time getting my PC to recognize my GPU on reboot. There's like an 80% chance it just won't "see" it at all, runs everything off the CPU, which is obviously quite resource intensive. The GPU still lights up when it's not recognized, so it's getting some power, but possibly not enough.

This PC was built a few months ago, and this issue started about three or four days ago. I've tried a few fixes I've seen suggested, (disabling Windows fastboot, using high performance mode, etc.) but nothing has helped. I suspect it's a power issue, or possibly a short, but any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Specs below.

CPU: Intel i9-14900k
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT
MB: ROG Z790-H
RAM: Corsair DDR5 16 GB x 2
PSU: Corsair RM750e
Storage: WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD

Aug 3, 2024
Unless you moved the video cable to the motherboard so the CPU's igpu is used i don't see this as being possible. Do this to troubleshoot anyhow, remove the graphics card and use the motherboard video output.
Sorry, I misspoke. When the GPU isn't recognized, it doesn't utilize the CPU's igpu. I've removed the GPU and now it's using the CPU's igpu, and performance is better, but still obviously not ideal. What now?