Question GPU shutting off while playing most games

Jun 7, 2023
Hello, I have been having some problems with my pc where randomly (usually while playing games) the GPU fans will turn off and I'll get a black screen along with a weird glitching noise through my headphones. I'll then go to reboot the pc and sometimes it'll reboot just fine and sometimes when I go to reboot the GPU won't turn on but everything else will which I usually fix by turning everything off and reinstalling the PCIe into the GPU. I had a pretty similar problem about 6 months ago which I fixed by using the spare PCIe cable. I have tried reseating the GPU, dduing, and changing out the ram does anyone have any more suggestions before I just go get someone to check it out or just try getting another PSU/GPU?
Specs:
GPU: 6600xt
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
PSU: Apevia 600w
RAM: Corsair 16GB

Jun 7, 2023
Alright I bought a Corsair RM with a little more wattage hopefully that'll fix it, I doubt it's the GPU or at least I hope it isn't because its not just happening with super high end games it's happening with games like outer wilds and mount and blade 2. I also bought some thermal temps cause my CPU is reaching 60-70 now but I doubt that causes it.

TRENDING THREADS