Question GPU sillicon already degrading?

hunterczech

Reputable
May 29, 2019
I have RTX 3060 that I bought one year ago and undervolted it to run at 860mV at about 1900 mhz. It was super stable for one year but now it is no longer stable and drivers are crashing within 10 minutes of.running a game (game crashes and GPU driver restarts). Is is possible that this undervolt was right on the edge and as the time flies by the silicon is degrading? Can't think of any other reason but I want to know opinion of someone more experienced.

(I have made undervolt less aggressive by setting it to 950 mV at 1875 mhz and its super stable again.)

Thanks

Eh, I wouldn't say it degraded, There might be an update or driver update that may just not like it undervolted that far. I've ran into games that would crash my OC on my GPU but was stable with anything and everything else I threw at it, it just how that game or even software how it used the GPU that was unstable.

Have you updated your drivers at all, on Windows 11? Windows 11 constantly changes how the GPU scheduling works so I wouldn't point at degrading, epically with an undervolt.

hunterczech

Reputable
May 29, 2019
Yes I'm regularly updating both Windows 11 and GPU drivers. Crashes only happened in Cyberpunk 2077 and Apex Legends, although in that year I played Cyberpunk for about 300 hours and never experienced a single crash and suddenly it was crashing all the time.

So the GPU is most likely fine then, I guess.

Thanks.