Question Gpu stops working after a few minutes

Dec 19, 2019
I just put a waterblock on my 2080 super black but now after a few minutes of light use just starting the computer the displays go black does that have something to do with the fans no longer being plugged in if you know how to fix it please let me know.

I just put a waterblock on my 2080 super black but now after a few minutes of light use just starting the computer the displays go black does that have something to do with the fans no longer being plugged in if you know how to fix it please let me know.

are you sure you installed the block properly with enough pressure to disperse the heat? Can you try putting the fans back on and seeing if you have the same issue?

If you do put the fans back on and the issue goes away, your block is either not installed properly or its bad, or your pump is not working properly. Which would lead to very high temps and the card would shut itself down.

Dec 19, 2019
are you sure you installed the block properly with enough pressure to disperse the heat? Can you try putting the fans back on and seeing if you have the same issue?

If you do put the fans back on and the issue goes away, your block is either not installed properly or its bad, or your pump is not working properly. Which would lead to very high temps and the card would shut itself down.
The card hasn’t run any games it would just be in the windows page or have the internet open which the fans never turned on for before

The card hasn’t run any games it would just be in the windows page or have the internet open which the fans never turned on for before

What are your temps when this happens?

Also the fans have a passive cooling heatsink that came on the card as well. So the fans wouldnt turn on at the same temp that your waterblock would need to disperse heat because when you have the fans/heatsink on the heatsink is passively cooling the gpu whereas the Waterblock needs to be running properly to be able to do any type of heat dispersion.

Dec 19, 2019

I’ll check but another problem is when I turn on the computer the graphics doesn’t display and it goes to integrated graphics