Question Gpu stress test hard shutdown

Jun 29, 2019
So, every time im playing games like apex, stranded deep, MInecraft, etc my pc will hard crash (screen mouse and keyboard just shut off, no blue screen, no warning.) the temps look normal when it shuts down (highest temp was 70*C). when i use FUMark on lowest test settings it crashes as soon as the test starts. i have ruled out the power supply because i have used 4 different power supplies and im currently running a week old Corsair vengence 650m (650W). cpu tests do not crash the pc, and memory tests come back with no errors. is there a way i can see whats causing the pc to shut down? I do not know a whole bunch about pcs ( im learning). if anyone could help me with ways to figure out what exactly is causing it to shut down before i shell out money for a new gpu that would be greatly appreciated. im 99% sure its the gpu i just would like a second opinion.
MOBO: ROG STRIX B450F-Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Radeon RX 470
PSU: Corsair Vengence 650M (650W)
Sidenote (when it crashes the lights and everything are still on in the tower)

Yes, First remove the old video card, and insert the new GPU on the PCI-e slot, and then connect all the PCI-e cables/connectors to the new GPU, as applicable. Even though both you new and old cads are from AMD,, it won't necessary to mess with the GPU drivers, but for extra stability always try doing a CLEAN and fresh driver re-install. Use this DDU tool:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Also, update your system BIOS before inserting the new GPU, assuming your system is running an older BIOS version.

Jun 29, 2019
Installed the new gpu and it works just fine no more errors. i noticed something though. i bought a radeon rx 570 with 4gb vram and its showing as a radeon rx 590 with 8 gb vram

TRENDING THREADS