[SOLVED] Gpu stuck in motherboard

Feb 4, 2020
So i recently buildt My New computer, and I needed to take out the gpu.. But it was stuck, i could not press the lock down either and I Don't know what to do?
Its a Radeon rx5700xt in a Asus tuf gaming-plus motherboard

Solution
first push the GPU in as if installing until its in and the pcie retention tab pops up. NOW for the removal, if the GPU was installed correctly the TAB should be in the UP position AWAY from the MB. PUSH the tab down until it stops about a 45 degree angle it will sort of push on the GPU forcing it out. dont be afraid just slowly wiggle the GPU out of the PCIE slot and it will come out

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you've undone the screw that retains the GPU to the expansion slot on the chassis, then using a screw driver and a gentle amount of pressure on the winged tabs of the PCIe latch, you should be able to disengage the GPU from the motherboard's PCIe slot.

Here's an example but with the use of a thumb to disengage the latch

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
first push the GPU in as if installing until its in and the pcie retention tab pops up. NOW for the removal, if the GPU was installed correctly the TAB should be in the UP position AWAY from the MB. PUSH the tab down until it stops about a 45 degree angle it will sort of push on the GPU forcing it out. dont be afraid just slowly wiggle the GPU out of the PCIE slot and it will come out

Reactions: runbei
Solution