gpu stuttering issue?

Blazefireheart

Honorable
Sep 18, 2014
I don't know much about computers and gpus so help with this would be really appreciated. Recently I've noticed in all the games I play my frames are lower than they usually are ( from 60 to around 48 fps) and there is also stuttering sometimes. This started happening about a week ago after I deleted files from my trash bin that had been building up for months (about 20k items). As the items were being deleted my trash bin froze and the screen went black for a little while then my screen came back and said something about something for the gpu crashing, I think it said it was a driver crash. things started running sluggish after everything within the bin was deleted such as switching to different tabs on a browser, so I restarted my computer.

2 days later I started realizing that I've been getting stutters and fps drops in games that never had those issues before. I let it sit for a few days to see if anything happened but it is still the same. I've tried updating the drivers and multiple restarts but nothing works. Should I maybe try backing up my files and rebooting to see if that fixes anything? Any help with this would be great, thanks.

Blazefireheart

Honorable
Sep 18, 2014

I defragged both my hdd and ssd and uninstalled my gpu drivers. Currently using the default driver and everything seems to be fine now! Gonna update drivers later to see if anything changes but right now it's good. Thank you very much.