[SOLVED] GPU suddenly stopped working mid game last night . Will not work anymore. Help?

Jan 12, 2021
This problem is occurring on a system that was working for +1 years and suddenly stopped working last night.
Specs
-intel 10700
-z490 asus a-gaming
-thermaltake 1200 gold 80+ psu
-rtx 2070 ( blower style because I committed a terrible sin by buying a prebuilt so I moved it to my new pc)
- trident 3600 ram
The gpu is 2 years old and usually ran temps around 80-82 C when gaming since ( to my knowledge ) blower style coolers can run a little hotter. I’m not sure if this shortened the lifespan at all. Nevertheless, I have tried reseating the gpu multiple times and computer works fine without gpu. The fan spins and all seems fine for about 5 secs and then turns off, however the led on the front of the card is still on so I know it’s getting power. The psu is not in question since I tried the gpu in another computer and it still didn’t work. Is it just dead?

Solution
I mean you already tried everything you can do.
The only thing i would do is open the gpu and clean it from dust and repaste it.
Even tho the temps are 80-82C i would still do it.
You have nothing to lose,except the card ofcourse,but it might already dead
I mean you already tried everything you can do.
The only thing i would do is open the gpu and clean it from dust and repaste it.
Even tho the temps are 80-82C i would still do it.
You have nothing to lose,except the card ofcourse,but it might already dead

Solution
Jan 12, 2021
It worked!
So far it’s working fine, but I’m gonna put it through some tests to see if the temps are any better, btw the thermal paste applied by Lenovo when I bought the prebuilt is abysmal. I opened the gpu up and it was basically melted away. My hypothesis to what was happening is that the gpu got so hot immediately due to the lack of thermal paste kept the gpu from working. Thanks for all the help!

Reactions: Dj0gany
It worked!
So far it’s working fine, but I’m gonna put it through some tests to see if the temps are any better, btw the thermal paste applied by Lenovo when I bought the prebuilt is abysmal. I opened the gpu up and it was basically melted away. My hypothesis to what was happening is that the gpu got so hot immediately due to the lack of thermal paste kept the gpu from working. Thanks for all the help!
Often people only look at the 'cpu' part of the GPU,if that makes sense,when measuring temps.
There are a bunch of other things on the GPU pcb that heat up,so keep that in mind also.
Glad it worked.