[SOLVED] Gpu swap

Nov 6, 2018
Hey is this a good swap?
I have a gtx 1050ti strix + 60$ and swap it with an msi gtx 1060 6 gb gaming x? Question is his gpu the 1060 doesnt have a recept and gpu box, only details such as 1 year used, 100% working, no issues and not used in mining, maybe no warranty since its all lost, his reason on for the swap is a downgrade. While my card is almost 2 years old with complete box and receipt but no warranty either since it only has 1 year warranty from the dealer... Is the price good? I am not sure since i dont know how he took care of his gpu compared to mine.

Solution
Hey is this a good swap?

Nope, I don't think so. Do not take any risk. Who knows that seller might also be selling a faulty GPU ? Going from a GTX 1050 Ti to the GTX 1060 isn't a very huge upgrade either. Also, the card has no warranty left whatsoever, which makes the purchasing decision further complicated.

Cannot trust that offer. The card also comes without any BOX as well as receipt. Should you be buying such a card ? NO, at least in my opinion.
Hey is this a good swap?

Nope, I don't think so. Do not take any risk. Who knows that seller might also be selling a faulty GPU ? Going from a GTX 1050 Ti to the GTX 1060 isn't a very huge upgrade either. Also, the card has no warranty left whatsoever, which makes the purchasing decision further complicated.

Cannot trust that offer. The card also comes without any BOX as well as receipt. Should you be buying such a card ? NO, at least in my opinion.

Solution
1. Do you need a stronger graphics card?
Is your cpu strong enough to take advantage of one?
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

2. Is the GTX1060 the 6gb version or the 3gb version which is slower.

3. Is your psu strong enough for the upgrade?

4. The deal is that he gets $60 to play with and gives up some gpu power.
You get a stronger graphics card. If all were on the up and up, that is probably a good deal for you if you can verify the proper working of the GTX1060.
It all depends on how much you can trust him.
I would not worry about a missing box. Many throw them away.

Hey is this a good swap?
I have a gtx 1050ti strix + 60$ and swap it with an msi gtx 1060 6 gb gaming x? Question is his gpu the 1060 doesnt have a recept and gpu box, only details such as 1 year used, 100% working, no issues and not used in mining, maybe no warranty since its all lost, his reason on for the swap is a downgrade. While my card is almost 2 years old with complete box and receipt but no warranty either since it only has 1 year warranty from the dealer... Is the price good? I am not sure since i dont know how he took care of his gpu compared to mine.

You can get a new 1060 6gb for under $250 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHV41RX/ref=psdc_284822_t4_B01IEKYD5U
I would get a new one and sell your 1050Ti instead of trading for a used one.

Unless you can test that card for a bit to make sure it is good. With price of a used 1050Ti and 60 you will save maybe $40 on this, but you lose out the warranty.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Nov 6, 2018
1. Do you need a stronger graphics card?
Is your cpu strong enough to take advantage of one?
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

2. Is the GTX1060 the 6gb version or the 3gb version which is slower.

3. Is your psu strong enough for the upgrade?

4. The deal is that he gets $60 to play with and gives up some gpu power.
You get a stronger graphics card. If all were on the up and up, that is probably a good deal for you if you can verify the proper working of the GTX1060.
It all depends on how much you can trust him.
I would not worry about a missing box. Many throw them away.

Yes i need a stronger card. I have an i3-7100 which i would upgrade next after the gpu.
Gtx 1060 6gb is stronger.
I have a seasonic m12 620w bronze psu.
I have doubts i am 50/50 on this though since i do not know the person, but he is willing to let me in his house and take a look at his card while its in his rig. His primary reason is a downgrade thats why i have doubts, why would he downgrade? He is selling it in rush and willing to trade to lower a gpu+cash. But he did not post a personal warranty since most sellers put up one.

Nov 6, 2018
You can get a new 1060 6gb for under $250 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHV41RX/ref=psdc_284822_t4_B01IEKYD5U
I would get a new one and sell your 1050Ti instead of trading for a used one.

Unless you can test that card for a bit to make sure it is good. With price of a used 1050Ti and 60 you will save maybe $40 on this, but you lose out the warranty.
I was thinking maybe i forgo the 1060 6gb if i buy a new one since it is only slightly cheaper with a gtx 1660 non-ti in my country. Any thoughts? I will upgrade my cpu after the gpu though..