Question GPU temp not changing.

Sep 3, 2023
EDIT: I FIXED MY PROBLEM BY CHANGING THE GPU THERMAL PASTE.

Hi,

I juste bought an RTX ZODIAC 3080 GPU.
I have a problems with temps, my GPU goes 85°C instantly when i start a game, even in the main menu the temp goes high.
But the problème is: even when i set fans to the maximum speed, the temp is not cooled and it stay around 85°C and AT 20% speed its exactly the same.
I think maybe the thermal paste is gone (its a second hand GPU), what do you guys think ? The fans are spinning im sure about it.

Thanks for Reading and helping me.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What is the case?

What is the hot spot reading at when the gpu core is at 85C? FYI, hot spot can go up to 110C+, higher than the gpu core's limit of 91C.

even in the main menu the temp goes high.
Game menus go balls to the wall on fps if there isn't a limit in place, so that's not unusual, but it's not a good thing either. [Higher odds of encountering coil whine(audibly annoying, nothing more), and the gpu's voltage regulator doesn't care for the current draw from it either.]
I'd suggest settings fps limits for games that do that.

I think maybe the thermal paste is gone (its a second hand GPU), what do you guys think ?
-Gpu die application is a bit more selective with paste, unlike cpu. They may have used a paste that was too runny in texture.
-Depending on the case, there might not be enough air being fed to the gpu, or exhaust drawn away from it.
-You could've bought someone's repad gone wrong, which they decided to make someone else's problem; it gets expensive fast.

Reactions: makecim
Sep 3, 2023
What is the case?

What is the hot spot reading at when the gpu core is at 85C? FYI, hot spot can go up to 110C+, higher than the gpu core's limit of 91C.

Game menus go balls to the wall on fps if there isn't a limit in place, so that's not unusual, but it's not a good thing either. [Higher odds of encountering coil whine(audibly annoying, nothing more), and the gpu's voltage regulator doesn't care for the current draw from it either.]
I'd suggest settings fps limits for games that do that.

-Gpu die application is a bit more selective with paste, unlike cpu. They may have used a paste that was too runny in texture.
-Depending on the case, there might not be enough air being fed to the gpu, or exhaust drawn away from it.
-You could've bought someone's repad gone wrong, which they decided to make someone else's problem; it gets expensive fast.
Bro im so happy!!! I changed the thermal past (it was very dry) and the card looks like it work normal!!!! So happy🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

TRENDING THREADS