Question GPU temperature question

Aug 6, 2022
GPU: gtx 1060 6gb

My GPU temperature stays at 41-45°C when idling or playing video games. Just wanted to ask if it means anything because I've seen that when playing video games it should hit at least 70-90°C. When I say playing video games I mean some games with decent graphics. Sorry for my english

Your GPU temps are perfectly normal. It's not necessary that the GPU should hit at least 70 C temp value to work. This depends on other factors, like the type of cooling the GPU model sports, ATX cabinet's air flow, room's ambient temperature, etc.

Also, not all games are going to STRESS your GPU, because some titles are CPU-bound as well. And the resolution also plays a role here. 720p gaming is going to be less demanding on the GPU than 1080p, or any other higher resolution, just as an example.

What's the exact model number and Brand of your GPU ? The Idle temp should obviosuly be less than the temp observed while Gaming though.

Are you by any chance running the GPU fans at full speeds ? Monitor the GPU's load while gaming as well. Doing this will give you some hint whether the GPU is being properly utilized to full extent or not.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022
Your GPU temps are perfectly normal. It's not necessary that the GPU should hit at least 70 C temp value to work. This depends on other factors, like the type of cooling the GPU model sports, ATX cabinet's air flow, room's ambient temperature, etc.

Also, not all games are going to STRESS your GPU, because some titles are CPU-bound as well. And the resolution also plays a role here. 720p gaming is going to be less demanding on the GPU than 1080p, or any other higher resolution, just as an example.

What's the exact model number and Brand of your GPU ? The Idle temp should obviosuly be less than the temp observed while Gaming though.

Are you by any chance running the GPU fans at full speeds ? Monitor the GPU's load while gaming as well. Doing this will give you some hint whether the GPU is being properly utilized to full extent or not.

I don't know what brand it is. And I've never changed fans speed. And update I just started pc and gpu temperature is at 35°C so I don't know why yesterday when I started pc it was idling at 40°C. Maybe it was because of room temperature?

What is the current room temperature at your place like ? I wouldn't really worry about these Temp readings, unless of course the GPU temp crosses a threshold value, + 80C. Which TOOL or APP are you using to monitor or check the GPU's temp ?

Also, what all PC games have you tried playing on this card ?