Question GPU temps have been rising over time ?

T2N

Commendable
Feb 14, 2021
CPU: Intel Core i9-10900
CPU cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX White 3x120mm
Motherboard: ASRock Z490 STEEL LEGEND [P1.60]
Ram: ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
SSD/HDD: Crucial MX500 1TB Sata III
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC rev 1.0
PSU: Adata XPG Core Reactor 750W 80+ GOLD [3years]
Chassis:Lian Li 011 Dynamic
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG251RX 240Hz 1ms IPS

GPU is 3070, i've had it since release, took good care of it like it was never dirty from dust and always cleaned every few months.

Now my "problem" is that i see over time it's temps are rising... When i bought it it was 65°c and today it's something like 77-78 under 100% usage and hotspot is 105°c, fans speed is quicker since it's more noisy and i think it's 50Mhz slower when under heavy load. I have no issue while watching yt/ doing desktop stuff as the fans stops, moving occasionally and it's stable 50°c

I'm also not sure but i think it started about 1,5year ago when i overclocked it for a day-two just to see difference etc, i revert changes afterwards I think it started then but again - not sure. I'm using pc basically everyday for render/gaming/watching a yt movie etc... Basically a huge part of my life.

I mostly play competitive games and when playing for example overwatch2 i'm getting 50°c and 224fps due to gsync and it's perfectly fine.

To clear everything up... I'm not having any performance issues as far as i can tell, it's just that i'm a bit worried about temps under heavy load, now my question is should i be worried about something in particular? I was thinking about giving it to some store or local "pc builder" for a thermal pads and paste replace but kinda worried they will do something wrong with it or it's gonna work even worse after paying :/

Last edited:
Reactions: kira-faye

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
To be honest this could be as simple as the GPU being made to work harder with either newer games or newer features to existing games.

In that 1.5 - 2 years have you changed resolution, other hardware or the type of game that you play?

The high 70's temps do not concern me although the 105 hot spot does seem high

Reactions: kira-faye