Gpu temps problem

shazzy182

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
Hi guys

So my r9 270 dual x seems to crash at 60c when gaming I've tested it several times

Is there a way to make it stay under 60c?

Idle temps are 32c to 34c
Full load 50-70c

Psu vx 450
Cpu g3258
8gb ddr3

So is there a way to make sure that the Gpu stays under 60c

Also I've ordered another r9 270 as a replacement,

Just wondering what could be causing this,

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
Clean and check the 2 airblock of this vga card, its better to remove this in the gpu and put thermal paste above of it. Clean using paint thinner and clean gpu with tissue and put a new thermal paste above the gpu. Use pencil eraser to clean the contact of the vga card. And clean also your mobo including the vga slots. If problem persist replace the vga card. One of the indication if the gpu is abnormal it will cause hang-up or a garbage display of your monitor screen.

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
Yes thats the first idea before you proceed anything, remove dust buildup and put a high speed cooling fan or airblock. The main cause why the gpu getting over temp because of the dust build up and the slow speed of the airblock. Lubricate your airblock if necessary.

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
I'm wonder why crashes at 60 c so that's why you need to stay it in that temp. It is abnormal if it will start hitting in 80 0r 85 c Did you try it after cleaning?If then if there are no other settings in the utility, your computer seems crashes when hitting 60 c then it probably goes over 80 to 100 c under full load. Did you check also the system requirements of your games before you installed it? I have no other idea how to stay it in 60 c when full load. But try what I said