[SOLVED] GPU to match with FX 8350

Solution
Something like a Nvidia 980 (non Ti) or a 1050 Ti. The CPU will be a bit of a bottleneck for both , i'm guessing about 10% give or take so not really that bad.
The 980 is massively more powerful than the 1050Ti so that’s an odd alternative.

As for bottleneck that depends on resolution, the game and game settings used.

Assuming 1080p I would look at anything 1060 6gb or 1660 and below, these are the highest I’d consider. What you pick will probably be decided by budget. Both of these are capable of being held back quite a bit in some games by the cpu but in other games should balance well. Both of these would be a good starting point if you want to upgrade the cpu/motherboard/RAM later to play newer AAA games.

The 1050Ti...
Something like a Nvidia 980 (non Ti) or a 1050 Ti. The CPU will be a bit of a bottleneck for both , i'm guessing about 10% give or take so not really that bad.
The 980 is massively more powerful than the 1050Ti so that’s an odd alternative.

As for bottleneck that depends on resolution, the game and game settings used.

Assuming 1080p I would look at anything 1060 6gb or 1660 and below, these are the highest I’d consider. What you pick will probably be decided by budget. Both of these are capable of being held back quite a bit in some games by the cpu but in other games should balance well. Both of these would be a good starting point if you want to upgrade the cpu/motherboard/RAM later to play newer AAA games.

The 1050Ti suggested above is also a good option with very low power requirements. It does a decent job at 1080p but at lower game settings and is less likely to bottleneck but in games where you are not cpu limited it of course won’t do so well.

Very important though, don’t cheap out on psu for a gaming pc. Don’t just pick a psu based on the wattage, quality is equally important.

Solution