GPU update no again

jemikenewman

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
My son has an Optiplex 2010 i7 (3rd series) with 16GB RAM and an AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB DDR5 GPU running Windows 7 from an SSD. He bought a GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 which didn't fit and so we squeezed it into another Optiplex (990 i7 2nd series) also with 16GB RAM running Windows 10 from an SSD. Everything appears to be working fine other than the fact that games run no faster and the FPS is no better or if anything slightly worse. Where might we be going wrong? Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you made sure you've uninstalled the previous display drivers(regardless of Nvidia or AMD) using DDU and reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers off their support site? Have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update? Mind sharing the form factor to your OptiPlex's, it's possible that the PSU's would be a limiter although the processors on them would be the biggest limiter.

Speaking of limitations, what sort of a resolution are you(and your son) taxing the system with and what (game)titles are we looking at?

jemikenewman

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
Thank you both. Display drivers updated from site. Monitor connected via display port. We've tried the card with a fresh install of Windows 10 and so there should be no previous drivers to remove I believe. PSU is 500W Corsair the the power lead is plugged into the card also. The Optiplex are both Tower models. About to flash the BIOS to the latest version but will it make that much difference? NB My son is playing CS GO and had FPS with the Radeon 7750 of 120-160 but now only 45-80 with the GTX 1060. Crazy.