[SOLVED] GPU Upgrade advice

Henry_102

Honorable
Jul 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

I lately have been considering upgrading my gpu to an RTX 3000 series. When would be the best time of year to upgrade my GPU? Like when will they go down in price a bit?

Solution
there's no definite time of the year that electronics or computer hardware goes on sale.
some items you'll find on Black Fridays but usually not much higher end stuff.

graphics card prices aren't expected to drop for a couple more years at least.
MSRP is a bit higher than previous series but the majority of the crazy prices seen around are due to scalpers picking up the majority of new models available and then doubling/tripling the prices.

you can try signing up for Newegg.com's 'Newegg Shuffle' and hope to get selected as a buyer for those items offered for each new raffle.
took me a few months of applying 3-4 times a week to land the two cards that i did over the past year or so.
there's no definite time of the year that electronics or computer hardware goes on sale.
some items you'll find on Black Fridays but usually not much higher end stuff.

MSRP is a bit higher than previous series but the majority of the crazy prices seen around are due to scalpers picking up the majority of new models available and then doubling/tripling the prices.

you can try signing up for Newegg.com's 'Newegg Shuffle' and hope to get selected as a buyer for those items offered for each new raffle.
took me a few months of applying 3-4 times a week to land the two cards that i did over the past year or so.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
Nvidia seems optimistic that supply and demand may return to something closer to normal in late 2022. With the RTX3000 on 8nm and RTX4000 on 5/6nm, availability and pricing on RTX3000 could improve significantly assuming Nvidia continues ordering Samsung wafers for them to meet demand instead of phasing everything to TSMC as quickly as possible to keep supply tight.