GPU Upgrade question

sam80jr

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
I know this might be hard to answer, but I'm considering upgrading to the gtx 980. In analyzing nvidias recent history, I'm just worried about buying hte card, and then 2 months later, having a "Big" maxwell come out - like a 980 ti or titan 2...with more cuda cores...a true generational leap in performance.

Do you think the 980 is THE flagship for maxwell, or do you think they have a "BIG" version in their back pockets for spring '15? I just don't want to get screwed...the difference between the 780 and 780ti was astounding

Solution
GTX 980 is already alottt . But if your worried and wanna get the BEST then just wait a little bit . AMD 390x will come out too and you will be able to decide much easier . then you gonna grab the best and use it for pretty long time :)

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
GTX 980 is already alottt . But if your worried and wanna get the BEST then just wait a little bit . AMD 390x will come out too and you will be able to decide much easier . then you gonna grab the best and use it for pretty long time :)

Solution