Question GPU Upgrade

Wheelzup

Commendable
Jul 3, 2021
I have a Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro and for easy things like word processing among other things. It's been a while since I have kept up with new computer builds and it's time to see what's going on with GPU's. I would like to continue using AMD GPU's and I was looking at the 7900 series and on Sapphires website is a card that seems to be fairly new, it's the 7900 GRE which fits my budget but this is the first time I've seen a card like it. Will it be good for 2 years or longer or should I look at something else?

the 7900 GRE which fits my budget but this is the first time I've seen a card like it. Will it be good for 2 years or longer or should I look at something else?
for what use exactly;
just basic home/office,
3D imagery projects,
gaming(if so, which games in particular), etc..?

also include your complete system specs with the make & model of all components.

your motherboard, specific power supply, case, system-wide cooling, etc
will all be a big factor in how well, if at all, your system will be able to handle this upgrade to the RX 7900 GRE.

In addition to your PC specs the monitor resolution and refresh rate you plan on running would be helpful.

The 7900 GRE is a very good card for the cost, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the right card. The next generation of video cards from all 3 vendors should be landing within the next 6-12 months if that's any interest to you.

Reactions: Hotrod2go

TRENDING THREADS