[SOLVED] GPU usage running at 0% to 2%.

Dec 11, 2020
Hello guys,
I've been experiencing a lot of issues with my rig. Low framrates and overall poor performance. My GPU consistently runs on 20% to 0% CPU usage on multiple games like COD:Modern Warfare and Cyberpunk 2077. Meanwhile my CPU takes most of the workload. I am not sure why this is. I tried updating drivers, tinkered with the Nvidia control panel but nothing seems to work.

-Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2700X
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING
RAM: 2x Kingston 8Gb 1200 Mhz
750W Power source
Main monitor: AOC HD 144Hz
Playing at 1080p.

If any of you guys encountered this problem let me know if there's anything I can do.

Solution
Hello guys,
I've been experiencing a lot of issues with my rig. Low framrates and overall poor performance. My GPU consistently runs on 20% to 0% CPU usage on multiple games like COD:Modern Warfare and Cyberpunk 2077. Meanwhile my CPU takes most of the workload. I am not sure why this is. I tried updating drivers, tinkered with the Nvidia control panel but nothing seems to work.

-Specs:
750W Power source
Playing at 1080p.

If any of you guys encountered this problem let me know if there's anything I can do.
Your RAM is way too slow for a Ryzen CPU, you want RAM with a speed of at...
Dec 11, 2020
new build or upgrade? issue start recently?
cpu/gpu temp during the game?

One year old build, I think the issue has been present from the start I just ignored it. Regarding the temp it doesn't go above 50 so that's not the problem. Room temperature air comming out the exhaust fans.

Hello guys,

-Specs:
750W Power source
Playing at 1080p.

Your RAM is way too slow for a Ryzen CPU, you want RAM with a speed of at least 3200MHz. And yes, it can cause issues as big as the ones you explained, RAM speed is critical for Ryzen CPUs.

Reactions: S.Op
Solution
Dec 11, 2020
Your RAM is way too slow for a Ryzen CPU, you want RAM with a speed of at least 3200MHz. And yes, it can cause issues as big as the ones you explained, RAM speed is critical for Ryzen CPUs.

But it is the GPU that's running on low. I'm fairly new when it comes to bottlenecks but my understanding of this is that the CPU is running poorly due to low RAM speed causing a huge bottleneck to my GPU?

Dec 11, 2020
Can you be more specific? I really doubt your CPU and GPU doesn't go over 50C.

Running Cyberpunk 2077 on load. GPU load is almost zero so it's not affected.

CPU idle temp - 40C
CPU load temp - 50
GPU idle temp - 57
GPU load temp - 57

Poor choice of words sorry, it's around 50C.