[SOLVED] GPU usage

Feb 29, 2020
So I have noticed something with my GPU the usage is locked at 46% no matter how high I put the settings in the game and my CPU is not bottlenecking because it's only in the 30s while playing games if I put things on ultra the frames just drop but the usage doesn't get higher what do you think

GPU 2080ti
Cpu 9900ks

Solution
YOu can check that the CPU is being utilized normally by noting what clock speeds (HWmonitor works fine for Intel CPUs) are achieved on all cores under a decent load (CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU)

As you have a 9900KS, if cooling is adequate and there are no 95-105W TDP limitations, then it ought to hover bear 5 GHz on all cores....technically.
Feb 29, 2020
I play on an ultra wide so my resolution is 3440x1440 i’m playing a game right now called Metro and I have everything maxed out I’m only getting 80 frames and my GPU is only using 30% in my CPU is it like 40% my monitor is capable of 115 FPS The monitor is set to hit 115fps

YOu can check that the CPU is being utilized normally by noting what clock speeds (HWmonitor works fine for Intel CPUs) are achieved on all cores under a decent load (CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU)

As you have a 9900KS, if cooling is adequate and there are no 95-105W TDP limitations, then it ought to hover bear 5 GHz on all cores....technically.

Solution