Question GPU usage

Jan 6, 2021
Hello, I have an 1660 ti and an Ryzen 5 3500. I have been getting 15% - 20% flu usage drops in games and it causes stutter. I am sure I don’t have any virus’s or nothing like that because I recently did a factory reset on my PC. This has happened in every game I played. Could GSync cause the problem because, GSync uses variable refresh rate so it changes my Monitor refresh rate to match the game FPS with is between 79-165. My monitor is an 165hz Asus VG248QG. I am current playing gta 5 and when I was driving I had an stutter and my CPU and GPU dropped at the same time. I am using a “GSync Compatible Monitor”. I have the games downloaded on an external SSD but I have Windows on an HDD. Not to mention the disk usage on the HDD is spiking non stop matter of fact it never stops. I ordered an SSD so I can put Windows and some of my games on it. Will that resolve my problem?

Jan 6, 2021
Hello, I have an 1660 ti and an Ryzen 5 3500. I have been getting 15% - 20% flu usage drops in games and it causes stutter. I am sure I don’t have any virus’s or nothing like that because I recently did a factory reset on my PC. This has happened in every game I played. Could GSync cause the problem because, GSync uses variable refresh rate so it changes my Monitor refresh rate to match the game FPS with is between 79-165. My monitor is an 165hz Asus VG248QG. I am current playing gta 5 and when I was driving I had an stutter and my CPU and GPU dropped at the same time. I am using a “GSync Compatible Monitor”. I have the games downloaded on an external SSD but I have Windows on an HDD. Not to mention the disk usage on the HDD is spiking non stop matter of fact it never stops. I ordered an SSD so I can put Windows and some of my games on it. Will that resolve my problem?
I forgot to add that GPU usage also fluctuate. It is never stable I guess because the FPS fluctuate because of Windows being on an HDD and the game being on an External HDD. I don’t know so I am hoping someone answer