Question Gpu utilization spiking up and down

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Hello recently i've changed thermal paste on my RX 480 4GB Sapphire Nitro card(i've put Arctic MX4),and i've realized that even though card is cool it doesnt go over 75 degrees,nor i have any stutters in any single game,it shows on AMD metrics layout that utilization keeps spiking from low to high consistently...Should i be worried about this and take card apart again or can i leave it just like that?I've put paste like i do it on cpu(one dot in middle) since i didnt have paddle to spread it evenly on the chip...
Cheers

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Hello recently i've changed thermal paste on my RX 480 4GB Sapphire Nitro card(i've put Arctic MX4),and i've realized that even though card is cool it doesnt go over 75 degrees,nor i have any stutters in any single game,it shows on AMD metrics layout that utilization keeps spiking from low to high consistently...Should i be worried about this and take card apart again or can i leave it just like that?I've put paste like i do it on cpu(one dot in middle) since i didnt have paddle to spread it evenly on the chip...
Cheers
Edit:i've figured out what the problem was,it was in actual game problem(post patch issue)and not a gpu itself,gee,facepalm haha.