Question GPU vbios flashed to "correct one", now says "No Input Detected" and restarts ?

Sep 5, 2023
I used GPU-Z to check the vbios of my friends Red Dragon 6800xt (which has dual bios) he got used to try and fix it and I found this vbios version: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/249526/249526

Which says is unverified and might be a mining bios which is why it isn't working correctly. So I flashed to this bios: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/231167/powercolor-rx6800xt-16384-201215 , which whenever windows started says "no input detected" and restarts, so I flashed back to original. Is there something wrong I'm doing or do I just have to try a different vbios (the only one that doesnt give subsystem id mismatch is the one that doesn't work)?

Lutfij

Titan
If the GPU is under warranty, I'd suggest that you RMA the card...if the card was purchased like so and the VBIOS was found to be as is. If the GPU was purchased second hand and the VBIOS came like so out of the box, then return it.

If the GPU doesn't have any issues while running off the BIOS taht is on the GPU, then leave it as is.

For the sake of relevance can you state the spec to your build powering the GPU, like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Sep 5, 2023
If the GPU is under warranty, I'd suggest that you RMA the card...if the card was purchased like so and the VBIOS was found to be as is. If the GPU was purchased second hand and the VBIOS came like so out of the box, then return it.

If the GPU doesn't have any issues while running off the BIOS taht is on the GPU, then leave it as is.

For the sake of relevance can you state the spec to your build powering the GPU, like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
CPU: 5800x
CPU cooler: some noctua heatsink and fan (works perfectly)
Motherboard: msi b550 a-pro am4
Ram: 2x8 ddr4 4000mhz
SSD/HDD: 1tb intel 660p
GPU: Powercolor 6800xt Red Dragon (the one in question)
PSU: Sea Sonic FOCUS Plus 850 Gold

The GPU works perfectly fine when its slightly underclocked except that when I try to run new games it runs for a couple seconds and then the screen freezes (but i can still hear the audio of the game) and when I run old games like csgo it works completely fine. I updated the drivers and tried running cpu and gpu benchmarks at the same time to see if it was a power issue which it wasnt. Then I tried flashing the vbios to the correct one, which makes the GPU give no output and there are no other verified VBIOS on the site for me to try.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023
I used gpu-z to check my VBIOS and it was modified, so I checked and found the only verified one for the powercolor 6800xt red dragon and it crashes my GPU. The current modified one on this card makes me have to undervolt and turn clock speed down to 95 percent or it will crash every 10 seconds and when I undervolt the card has almost no artifacting and runs all old games and furmark as it should, but when I try to open a new game it has a lot of artifacting and in menu it runs completely fine but when you load into a game it runs for a few seconds and then crashes and I tried using MPT to match a vbios for my exact card and it still crashes in new games and I also tried unverified VBIOS for my card which crash it as well, so only the modified one works with it and to further diagnose the problem I ran cpu and gpu tests at the same time which both work perfectly and I also ran (https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/)'s benchmark and it all runs well except for at the end when it says test over and puts you in a shooting mini game it crashes the card. All the drivers are up to date and everything in the system work fine with a different card.