[SOLVED] gpu weird issue

thedominator1550

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
so i've got this issue that i dont know how to describe :) here is a gif on imgur
it happened when i connected the tv and monitor
so i wanna know what might have caused it and solve it if i can cuz i wanna buy a second monitor and keep everything connected
and i have to say i didnt face any issue on the tv
monitors
main : xb271hu 2k 165hz
tv : lg cx 4k 120 hz
specs:
CPU : r9 5900x
motherbourd : x570 gaming edge
gpu: rx 6800xt FE
ram : 32 gigs 3600hz
psu: corsair RM850x
ssd: m.2 970 evo 500gb and some other storage

Last edited:
Solution
Refresh rate on your monitor where you're seeing the flickering on the top third of the screen? Have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers? Use DDU to rid your current drivers, then manually reinstall in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Also try and see if changing the cable to the afflicted monitor changes your issue. Disconnect the TV and see if the issue persists.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Refresh rate on your monitor where you're seeing the flickering on the top third of the screen? Have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers? Use DDU to rid your current drivers, then manually reinstall in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Also try and see if changing the cable to the afflicted monitor changes your issue. Disconnect the TV and see if the issue persists.

Solution

thedominator1550

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018

the refresh rate on the monitor is 165hz and 120 on the tv . didn't reinstall it cuz i only saw this problem when both the monitor and tv are connected to the GPU not i tried a different cable with the monitor .
the bios version is E7C37AMS
I think thats the latest or the one before it

thedominator1550

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
MSI tends to make a mess of themselves. I can't tell which if you're on the latest, when cross-referencing your board's support page;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI/support

Could you use CPU-Z to see what your BIOS version is listed as?

the monitor is 165hz
Noted. Resolution on your monitor?
i truly dont know witch version it is bit its from the ones that support windows 11 i'm using win10 BTW. cpu-z pic
the monitor is 2k and tv is 4k

TRENDING THREADS