gpu with recommended resolution?

Jul 11, 2018
Hello my dear friends..
Nvidia GTX970 4gb is 1080p card.. but if we play 720p with that card what will happen? performence will increase or card will bottleneck? can we play ultra in every newest title in 720p with that card? thank you

Solution
Your card will be around 2X faster as the area that is needed to be driven halves.

Its not a rule that can be applied to all GPUs because there are lot of other things too but, in this case the GTX 970 will be able to perform 2x faster.

ARAN_108

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
Your card will be around 2X faster as the area that is needed to be driven halves.

Its not a rule that can be applied to all GPUs because there are lot of other things too but, in this case the GTX 970 will be able to perform 2x faster.

Solution

From your post it sounded like you have a 1080 screen but wanted to drop the resolution for better performance. Of course running a game at 720 will make it run faster than at 1080, it has a lot less pixels to draw. You will be able to up the quality settings past what you could at higher resolutions. I would get a better monitor though, at that resolution you are probably on a 17 or 19" monitor, that is pretty small for gaming. I'd take a 1080 24" screen and run it at Medium settings over a 720 19" screen at High.