[SOLVED] GPU won’t work so I can’t switch to Integrated graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledx1

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
So my graphics cards have been have trouble lately. They won’t turn on, if I left the pc on overnight it would turn on but now they won’t. I want to turn on integrated graphics to run my pc but I can’t unless i can open bios. I’ve reset bios with jbat and battery. And when I tried to install a 290x Radeon card my pc wouldn’t post it would just turn on and off instantly and would repeat that. Not sure what to do.
Specs:
Gpu:1080 FE
Cpu:i7-9700k with integrated graphics
Ram:32gb gskill 3200mhz
Mobo: z390 gaming carbon pro
PSU: 750 watt p2 evga

Solution
If leaving the pc powered on allowed things to run before, I would suspect the psu as the cause.
Can you test with a known good psu of sufficient power?

You can also check the cable connection to the monitor.
Try a different cable, make certain it is connected securely.
If the monitor accepts multiple inputs, it may not autodetect the signal and the monitor ODS may be needed to select the proper input.

Loadedaxe

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2016
Ok, this isnt rocket science.
If your cpu is a 9700k, resetting the bios with no discrete gpu and your monitor connected to the MB i/o, it will default to integrated graphics and boot. Unless your cpu is a 9700KF
If it does not boot I would look at other factors that are easy first...main one being psu. Maybe it isnt your video card but your power supply.

If your cpu is a 9700k, resetting the bios with no discrete gpu and your monitor connected to the MB i/o, it will default to integrated graphics and boot. Unless your cpu is a 9700KF
If it does not boot I would look at other factors that are easy first...main one being psu. Maybe it isnt your video card but your power supply.
OP's description shows signs of a faulty motherboard. His PSU is one of the best and I would be very much surprised if it was the one to blame.

If leaving the pc powered on allowed things to run before, I would suspect the psu as the cause.

If the monitor accepts multiple inputs, it may not autodetect the signal and the monitor ODS may be needed to select the proper input.

Solution

I would have suspected PSU too if it wasn't top tier and if OP didn't mention this:
it would just turn on and off instantly and would repeat that.
That points to a faulty motherboard if I am not mistaken.

sledx1

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
Debug LED is lit on mobo and I’ll try what you said with integrated graphics

sledx1

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
Since your motherboard wont run with the 1080 or even with the 290x I would suggest you start looking into replacing the mobo, if you have a second system, or a friend relative that will let you, try your GPUs on them, if the GPUs work fine on a different system your mobo is kaputt.
The ez debug light is on, even when I take out the gpu and connect cords to motherboard. So could it have something to do with that

sledx1

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
So my graphics cards (1080 fe) which I have two of both won’t power up when I turn on the pc. When I left the pc on overnight it would turn on but now they won’t. I want to turn on integrated graphics to run my pc but I can’t unless i can open bios. I’ve reset bios with jbat and battery. And when I tried to install a 290x Radeon card as a control my pc wouldn’t post it would just turn on and off instantly and would repeat that. Not sure if the 290x isn’t compatible or what. Because no gpu works.
Specs:
Gpu:1080 FE
Cpu:i7-9700k with integrated graphics
Mobo: z390 gaming carbon pro
PSU: 750 watt p2 evga

sledx1

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
My gpus recently stopped working, and I can’t access bios to turn IGPU on, so I can’t even open windows. My pc just sits there without resolution to monitor. I tried resetting cmos multiple times.
Specs:
Gpu:1080fe
Cpu:i7 9700k
PSU: evga p2 750 w

Please don't start a new thread for the same problem. You confuse the people that want to help and already have. Also it's against the rules.

You have a faulty motherboard most probably. Starting a new thread and wanting new advice you will only get the old advice again.

sledx1

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
Act like an adult here or you will be posting elsewhere.
Please don't start a new thread for the same problem. You confuse the people that want to help and already have. Also it's against the rules.

You have a faulty motherboard most probably. Starting a new thread and wanting new advice you will only get the old advice again.
Okay dad

Status
Not open for further replies.