Question GPU wont fully clip into PCIE Slot

Matt4821

Prominent
Mar 17, 2019
Hi, after recently purchasing an old MSI H61M-P31 Board, i cannot fully insert my gpu into the pcie 16x slot. The gpu in question is a XFX RX 570. The card slots and works fine in my old mobo from a dell 990. Just wondering to the solutions. All mobo standoffs are screwed in and the board doesnt flex. Apologies if this is in the wrong thread. Picuturee available on request

Matt4821

Prominent
Mar 17, 2019
Rewatching and attempting has yielded no results. I did have an old nvidia nvs 280 and that slotted in, which now leads me to think that its gpu related with the cards physical shape clashing with the latch mechanism. To this end does anyone know what a decent used LGA 1155 Board would be on a budget of around £30

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
Rewatching and attempting has yielded no results. I did have an old nvidia nvs 280 and that slotted in, which now leads me to think that its gpu related with the cards physical shape clashing with the latch mechanism. To this end does anyone know what a decent used LGA 1155 Board would be on a budget of around £30
Could you try sending me a video of what happens to you so I can visualize it a lot better.

Matt4821

Prominent
Mar 17, 2019
Could you try sending me a video of what happens to you so I can visualize it a lot better.
I am unsure as to how to attach a video but the card has now fully slotted in and clicked i believe however i get no output from it or the IGPU. Furthermore on system info in windows my board doesnt show up as a MSI H61M-P31 G3 instead it shows as a viglen board. Bios updates from msi isnt possible atm as it doesnt detect my usb (Sandisk Ultra USB3.1 64GB).

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
I am unsure as to how to attach a video but the card has now fully slotted in and clicked i believe however i get no output from it or the IGPU. Furthermore on system info in windows my board doesnt show up as a MSI H61M-P31 G3 instead it shows as a viglen board. Bios updates from msi isnt possible atm as it doesnt detect my usb (Sandisk Ultra USB3.1 64GB).
Does your card turn on when you power on your computer? And how could you see the bios if the card didn't give any output?

Matt4821

Prominent
Mar 17, 2019
Does your card turn on when you power on your computer? And how could you see the bios if the card didn't give any output?
The card powers on, the blue power led on the card powers on and the fans power up. I can only view the bios without the card installed, apologies for the misunderstanding.

Matt4821

Prominent
Mar 17, 2019
Are you sure your motherboard has a PCIe slot? It appears as if only 3:d gen of the card has one, and your old Nvidia nvs 280 is a PCI card, not PCIe.
It is a PCIE Gen 3 slot, the bios and the manual bith say this. The nvs 280 is a pcie card, at least the one i have is. Could it be a cpu based problem? I have an i5 2500 which goes only to Gen 2 PCIE.