gpu wont power up

Aug 6, 2018
Heya my pc suddenly shut down last night and wont power back on, i unplugged and plugged everything back in, and found that i can plug the 6pin cable into my gtx 980 ti fine (it kind of powers on but needs the 8pin plugged in also) now when i plug the 6+2 into the 8 pin and try to turn on my pc, it wont do anything at all, pc wont even try to start

specs
gtx 980 ti (not plugged in coz it wont let me power on my pc)
evga 750 supernova
core i7 6700k
asus z170m-plus
16gb ram

Solution
Get your GPU out of PC and see if it boots from integrated graphics. If it does, go to BIOS and set an option to always boot from integrated graphics. Return your 980ti to the PC and see how it goes. If it boots, go to Device Manager and if your 980ti is even recognised under video adapters.

If it's not recognised - it's bad damaged. If it's recognised, you can try flashing the BIOS of your NVidia videocard. You can find guides on that by googling.

That's what I would do first.
Get your GPU out of PC and see if it boots from integrated graphics. If it does, go to BIOS and set an option to always boot from integrated graphics. Return your 980ti to the PC and see how it goes. If it boots, go to Device Manager and if your 980ti is even recognised under video adapters.

If it's not recognised - it's bad damaged. If it's recognised, you can try flashing the BIOS of your NVidia videocard. You can find guides on that by googling.

That's what I would do first.

Solution