Question GPU works in friends computer but not mine

Jun 10, 2019
I have a gtx1050ti and a gtx750ti.. my problem is that the 750ti doesn't work in my pc but in any other pc.

I have cleaned the GPU and PCIe. I also tried the other PCIe slot. drivers, basically everything I can think of. messed around in the bios. cleared CMOS. different cords/monitor... EVERYTHING

all PCIe slots work fine...

Specs
i7 8700k
Gigabyte h730 hd3
Msi GTX 1050ti
Nvidia Gtx 750ti
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

also, one last thing thank you for helping me!!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Perhaps flashing the firmware on the GPU is needed? You'll want to get the exact model and go the vendor's website to see if they have anything.

Only reason I can think of that a slightly older card wouldn't work in a new motherboard.

Jun 10, 2019
Perhaps flashing the firmware on the GPU is needed? You'll want to get the exact model and go the vendor's website to see if they have anything.

Only reason I can think of that a slightly older card wouldn't work in a new motherboard.

I can't find the exact card? any model numbers I cand find?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GPU-Z should give you an exact, well, everything. But you will need to plop it in a working system to run that, as well to do the firmware update I would imagine.

The SKU should be on the card somewhere. Usually a sticker. You can simply google that.

It does have to be exact to the card, even a visual match doesn't mean that the GPU under the heatsink isn't a minor revision.

With at least the manufacturer you can ask them via their support page.