Grand Theft Auto 5 Gets A Release Date

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

epaciga

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Suck a D rockstar - you've been treating your loyal PC base like crap and will not be getting any more of my money...except maybe a $5 steam sale.

ZeusGamer

Admirable
To Tai Man Chan, there's been rumors that this game will support AMD's Mantle, so hopefully that stays true. That'll be the second game that I'll be plaing that supports Mantle, first being Battlefield Hardline Beta/Final release.

Hopefully it's true that it'll support Mantle, that way, People with AMD cards suchs as you and I don't get fucked when they release the game.

ZeusGamer

Admirable

I'd be pissed if they did the same thing that Watch_Dogs did.

swiftleeo

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014

I read something that they let NVIDIA do something to the code to downscale AMD cards. I mean... when it really sinks that low, it is sad. Games are supposed to be enjoyable, and when you have to worry about which company a game works better with due to code that downscales the performance of one or the other, it becomes time for the creators themselves to preserve their art. You won't find that with many mainstream games, so once the indie revolution kicks in full gear, hopefully we won't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Honestly, Rockstar has more money than god so I highly doubt they'll let either company do something to GTA. Even if it benefitted AMD cards over NVIDIA I would have the same stance, and I own a Sapphire R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC.

iKon007

Reputable
May 21, 2014
No windows live junk this time around :)

I tell you what, I bought Street Fighter and I found I had to both login into Steam, microsoft with a Windows Live account, just to play.

Never again. If you add Windows Live b0llocks to this game, I'll pass. I promise.
Same as with Batman Arkham stuff.... Gives me the Sh!ts all the logins you gotta do these days to play a game.... Easier to get a dam home loan!

ZeusGamer

Admirable

I bet you that this game will have that Rockstar login thing hahaha.

swiftleeo

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014

I'm guessing it will have Social Club for the video editing tool and etc. but hopefully it's a one time login like the 360. I'm level 250 something with 50 million dollars on 360 xD

Grand theft auto 5 would have been so much better if they made the game's multiplayer launching like "APB Reloaded", where there is no launching of a multiplayer element. THe free roam is mixed with multiplayer gameplay instantaneously, you can see people doing missions, destroying each other while, it's all intermixed, there is no loading and waiting in lobbies. It's just so much better in that aspect. APB reloaded is an older game, but the graphics aren't that much worse than GTA5.

ZeusGamer

Admirable

I completely agree with you. Right now, I just hope that AMD GPU owners don't get fucked up in the arse with this release kind of like what happened in Watch Dogs.

This is actually how it has been for, well since I started PC gaming years ago. They always have one side who hates the other and one side works better than the other.

I personally had no issues with my HD7970GHz Vapor-X on Watch_Dogs yet at the same time plenty of NVidia GPUs were having issues.

All the accusing is funny to watch as people will say NVidia did this or Ubisoft did that when the truth is that it was a new game on a new game engine which alone is a recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.