Grand Theft Auto San Andreas DX9 Problem

McKennan McCall

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Title. I run Windows 10 Pro and I recently had to reset my PC due to a boot file being corrupt, so all of my drivers were removed. After installing the game, it said I needed to install DirectPlay, which it never said that before. I had the same popup with Mafia II, however eventually it went away and I was able to play. GTA, however, has another popup basically saying it requires "at least" DirectX 9.0. Obviously I have above DX9, so what could be the issue? Everytime I enable/install DirectPlay, it keeps asking me. I went into the Legacy Components of the Windows features and each time I apply and reboot my PC, it just becomes disabled again.

Solution

Ah. Found the problem. I had about 20 updates waiting in a queue, one of them being DirectPlay I...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Whats your pc specs?

Since you reset your pc which drivers have you installed?

Win10's automatic driver installation via Win updates will cater most devices for your motherboard and video card but not immediate so that might explain why it took a little for part of your problem to rectify.

If you haven't done so, venture to your motherboard vendor's website and grab drivers for Win10. Drivers for chipset, sata and audio.

Do the same for your graphics card. Windows doesn't install complete graphics driver just generic. For complete package, download driver from either Amd.com or Geforce.com depending which graphics brand you have.

McKennan McCall

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

Ah. Found the problem. I had about 20 updates waiting in a queue, one of them being DirectPlay I believe. After updating Windows 10 it launched with no problem. Thanks for the suggestions anyhow!

Solution