Question graphic card choices

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
I recently posted a question on here and it is markeed solved but its not solved as of yet.I checked the inside of my pc to look at the graphic card,i have beened asked it my power cord is a 6 pin or 8 pin connection.when I look at my card I only see one cord that is connected to the card but it looks to me that it is connected to a video port not a power source,the connecter I see has 2 rows of 6 pins.Is this the power source or is it something else?I took a pic of the inside of my pc but I do not know how to paste it to this post

Wolfshadw

Titan
To post images here, you will need to use a third party site like imgur.com or tinypic.com. Post the image there and then copy and paste the BBCode link to here, It would also help to know the exact model of the card in question.

-Wolf sends

P.S. Clicking the Trophy icon in a response identifies that response as the "Best Answer" and marks the thread as solved. Only click that icon when your question has been answered.

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
(heres a link to my pic-the cards I am considering is artx 2060 ko-gtx 1660 super-gtx1660 mini)
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YfvtIbZ" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/YfvtIbZ"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UueQBWD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfshadw

Titan
I didn't ask about the cards you were considering, but the card you currently have.

There is something very wrong with that picture. What you have highlighted appears to be a connector for a separate output. These are often seen with low-profile cards. The PCI-E power connectors that are at the heart of the concerns would be at the other end of the card.

-Wolf sends

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
I didn't ask about the cards you were considering, but the card you currently have.

There is something very wrong with that picture. What you have highlighted appears to be a connector for a separate output. These are often seen with low-profile cards. The PCI-E power connectors that are at the heart of the concerns would be at the other end of the card.

-Wolf sends
heress the card that came with the pc nvidia GeForce gt 730.I hope this helps

Wolfshadw

Titan
OK. The GT 730 generally does not require any extra power from the power supply. The new cards that you're looking at would need them. If your power supply does not have the necessary PCIE power cables for your new graphics card, it won't run. Given that it's only an older 460 watt PSU, I'd say that it probably needs to be replaced before you consider replacing your current graphics card.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: punkncat

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
OK. The GT 730 generally does not require any extra power from the power supply. The new cards that you're looking at would need them. If your power supply does not have the necessary PCIE power cables for your new graphics card, it won't run. Given that it's only an older 460 watt PSU, I'd say that it probably needs to be replaced before you consider replacing your current graphics card.

-Wolf sends
I( just went back in my pc and found two plugs that are not being used so I took a pic of them.)
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/4PeR9O1" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/4PeR9O1"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wolfshadw

Titan
RTX 2060 KO - This card has a 500 watt power recommendation and requires one 8-pin PCIE power cable.
GTX 1660 super - This card has a 450 watt power recommendation and requires one 8-pin PCIE power cable,
GTX 1660 mini - This card has a 450 watt power recommendation and requires one 8-pin PCIE power cable,

I'd probably be looking at a quality 550 watt unit with at least one 8-pin (6+2pin) PCIE power cable.
PC Part Picker List (US) - Recommended Power Supplies

-Wolf sends