Graphic card compatible with Directx 10 and windows 10

Feb 4, 2019
Hi,
I have a HP Z240 SFF workstation with Windows 10, and I want to install a graphics card for 4 monitors.
I have an application that works with Directx 9 and Directx 10 and Windows 10. This application should use that graphic card.
I know that the latest graphics cards of the market (Nvidia, AMD, etc) works with Directx 12.

My question is:

¿ Do you know if is there a compatible graphics card with Directx 9 and Directx 10 in Windows 10 con this workstation (Z240)?

Thanks in advance

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
DirectX compatibility goes backwards not forwards, so newer GPU's will have support for DX12, and all other DX before it.

Older GPU that only has support up to DX11 will not support 12 but of course will be able to use all DX before it.

DirectX is just an API, basically it's application dependent and the only concern you should have is when looking to utilize a version of DirectX that is newer than the card supports.

I don't understand your concerns with a GPU being compatible with Win10. It doesn't make any sense.
It's just an operating system (a backend for running certain programs and such with newer or outdated features by comparison to each other) with a user interface (the desktop environment a.k.a what you see visually that allows you to interact with the OS)

You should be more concerned with the kind of hardware power required this software you want to use, and what kind of graphic horsepower you need for all the pixels you need to power on 4 monitors.

Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for your response
In my case it's the other way around. It means that we hace a GPU that works only with Directx 11 and 12, but the application only works with directx 9 and 10. The software developer says that it could be the cause for a slow screen presentation (it is a software that has maps and several layers.)