Graphic card for 52 inc 1080P lcd screen

Man-Child

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Just recently got a new tv, and seeing as bf3 is coming out and ive been working alot of OT i was thinking why not get a bitchen graphic card and run it on my new tv. What are some reasonable graphic cards, prefereably evga since im running one right now and have no real complaints. Thanks for all help and suggestions Man Child

Man-Child

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
yeah sorry about that. budget still kinda of in the air 300-400? higher if needed im looking to run a clean image on that big screen or else seems like a waste. System Specs

AMD PHENOM II X4 965 BLACK EDITION

4 GB DDR3

EVGA GTS 250 1GB DDR3 PCI-E

KINGWIN 700 WATT POWER SUPPLY

kingwin psus are absolute garbage step 1 imo is to swap that out for a reliable 600-650W unit

then get something along the lines of a gtx 570

next get a hyper 212+ and oc the hell outta your cpu!

your will then have a more then capable rig for bf3 imo, you wont be maxing but it will still look damn nice imo

jojoenglish85

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Im crossfiring two 6950's by Gigabyte. I know where you can get 1-3 PowerColor 6950 1G cards for about $175 Some is selling them and i was thinking about grabing one for my next project. If your interested then let me know.

Even PSUs from bad companies will usually work; they just have lower reliability on average. Yes, Kingwin is generally pretty badly regarded.
You'd be fine with a good 600W unit, like a Corsair or a Seasonic.
A 965 definitely can't handle Xfired 6950s.

mkristian

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
are u guys serious? Any quad core will suffice, you make it sound like he is doomed with his cpu. I have a phenom ii 840 x4 (yea really an athlon) at stock speeds, and i have no problem maxing metro at 1080p in directx9, and this is with a 560ti at stock speeds.

You will definitely be able to max bf3, u may suffer slowdown every now and then, but the specs were blown way out of the water which we all knew anyway. People who say you cannot max it are those who simply refuse to have their FPS drop below 60-30fps, depending how picky you are. For me i don't care, i'd prefer everything to look fantastic with the occasional hitch, than dumb other things down to maintain a certain amount of fps.

When I say maxing, I mean 60fps. I consider 40 playable, but as you say, it's your decision as to whether you'd rather have stuttery eye candy or smooth gameplay. IMO, smoothness is much more important.

Regardless of your graphics preferences, you can probably get 30 or 35 fps in Metro with your Ti, yes. That's not relevant to whether the OP can get 60fps in BF3, or to whether a 965 can handle two 6950s. I'm assuming the OP *wants* 60 fps: if they didn't, then they could just get a Ti.

By handle, I mean it will not be the bottleneck. Generally, it's more cost-efficient to get the best graphics card that a processor can handle, and not better.
My evidence is in my above link, which shows significant advantages with a better processor, suggesting strongly that the 955 (similar, though not exactly the same) is the bottleneck.