Graphic Card for acer aspire x1420

igot4

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hello,
I'm trying to find a graphic card for this motherboard. I asked before and my pc has a integrated graphics card which makes all games I play kind of slow. I play games like League of Legends or Dota 2. power supply is 220watts.
my pc is a Acer Aspire X1420G-UR10P if that helps a bit

Xttony

Distinguished
CPU - 95 watts + GPU - 45watts + HDD - 10watts + RAM - 10watts = 160watts
I know it is kinda bottleneck the PSU but I really don't think that both the processor and the gpu will be stressed at the same time.

Xttony

Distinguished
Oh yeah forgot the cd rom how much power will the drive use? Haven't used an optical drive for over 3years
I won't image this PSU to be 91% efficient. I did consider the motherboard with ram controller, Sata controller, etc but how much can that possibly use up.

Efficiency is irrelevant. 14 amps output is 14 amps output, there will just be more input power draw off the wall with less efficiency. You don't want to be much above 80% of the max power or overwork the psu. A good quality 250w may be fine (I'd still suggest at least a 300w in this case) but this is just an ok psu.

wbongiardino

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

I too purchased the Acer Aspire x1420. I was following your conversation and you guys seem to have agreed that the HD7750 low profile is a little much. What would be the best graphics card budget-wise and power wise I can safely use on this computer then? Thanks for your help.