Firstly, System specs
xClio Greatpower 700w X14S4P4
ROG M2-Crosshair 11 Formula
Phenom11 x4 965 BE
Corsair H55
Crucial Ballistix 4x2GB
XFX 8800GS 384MB Alpha Dog
Win7 64bit

I have tried a nvidia Kepler GTX 670 and a Msi GTX n770 Lightning card in this and i get the same issue. Freeze at boot splash screen with the text "plress delete etc" at the bottom. If i reset cmos the text goes but the comp still won't boot into bios or windows.
It runs fine with the 8800gs and also the on-board graphics.
I have spent a long time on this including flashing the motherboard bios to 2607.
I think it is something to do with uefi vcard bios. interestingly if i switch the bios on the n770 the card lights up differently but behaves the same.
Please help
Nick

nick77939

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018

Thanks for replying,

I do not know if the cards worked but i returned the first one as faulty Both were bought second hand from CEX. As they have behaved in the exact same way i thought the odds were in their favour.

The power supply really has not had much work as i bought that new to run sli with 2 8800GS XFX Alhpa Dogs in my second pc at the time. It was unused for 5 years and has just been used for web browsing for the last 2 with the on-board graphics.

I can put the second card back in and see if it still powers them if that is comparable?

Can i test the power supply myself ? i have a multi-meter.

I don't want to spend unnecessary money as i have just bought the CPU and water cooler, doubled the ram and a new case. I am just trying to get the pc up to the level of running a 1080 monitor before i buy one for playing Fallout 3,4, New Vegas all my old games and the new Train simulator.

** Update**, The GTX 770 card works, i had it tested in another computer, Can anyone recommend what power supply to buy please.

Again thanks for replying.

nick77939

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018

Thankyou for replying,

I did flash the bios to 2607 previously and it made no difference. There is a newer bios but it is beta and only mentions unlocking the multiplier for AM3 cpu's. I'm not sure that would help.

I hadn't replied sooner as i have been thinking about where i will go from here, i have decided to get a gold certified power supply around 850W so that if it does not solve my issue i can take it with the 770 card on to a new build with the possibility of sli in the future with newer 4GB vram cards. I will need to save for it and in the mean time i have put both 8800GS cards back in running sli. They are terrible with 384GB vram but working fine.

I will post back with an update on whether this machine runs with the new power supply when i get it.

Again thank you for replying and sorry for my delay in getting back to you.

Regards Nick

nick77939

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018

**UPDATE**

I have bought a Corsair RM850x and to recap i have flashed with the 2607 bios and seen the card work for several hours in another machine but it still stops at the R.O.G screen in my machine. Any furthers ideas welcome.

Regards Nick.