Graphic card upgarde

alex

Hi all,

I'm planning to upgrade my ATI 9000 card to a GF card. Having no thought of
replacing my motherboard for the new PIC-X card, I am interested in the GF
6600 AGP card.

I'd like to know does the card require individual power supply? I've seen
some new GF cards with a power socket at its top corner. Wondering do I need
to feed it its power supply.

Second thing is would such card too much for my system. My system spec. is
as follow:

Asus P4P800
1GB Crucial DDR3200 RAM
120GB IBM SATA HDD
Intel P4 2.4GHz

Please advise.

Thanks,
Alex

IMHO If you are not having a 9800Pro or higher, 6600GT AGP is good choice
but more expansive and a tad slower than the pci-X version . May consider
6800 too.

Yep! It need a extra 12V power supply and preferably not to share it with
the harddisk.

Your system look good enough to justify the card.
May consider OC the CPU a bit :p

But for some unknown reason, some DX8 games no longer have the resolution
options higher than 1024¡Ñ768 >_<

"Alex" <alexc_hh@yahoo.com> ¦b¶l¥ó news:coma8q$2e11@imsp212.netvigator.com
¤¤¼¶¼g...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to upgrade my ATI 9000 card to a GF card. Having no thought
of
> replacing my motherboard for the new PIC-X card, I am interested in the GF
> 6600 AGP card.
>
> I'd like to know does the card require individual power supply? I've seen
> some new GF cards with a power socket at its top corner. Wondering do I
need
> to feed it its power supply.
>
> Second thing is would such card too much for my system. My system spec. is
> as follow:
>
> Asus P4P800
> 1GB Crucial DDR3200 RAM
> 120GB IBM SATA HDD
> Intel P4 2.4GHz
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

alex

Thanks for your information.

I just wonder is that 12V power supply those we have in a normal ATX power
box? If not, what can I do?

I suppose this GX card supports DirectX 9 which means it should have a very
good support of those Direct 8 games. Is it already a well known issue that
Nvidia still haven't got any patch or update to fix it?

Thanks a lot,
Alex

"MickT" <no@ddressHere.null> wrote in message
> IMHO If you are not having a 9800Pro or higher, 6600GT AGP is good choice
> but more expansive and a tad slower than the pci-X version . May consider
> 6800 too.
>
> Yep! It need a extra 12V power supply and preferably not to share it with
> the harddisk.
>
> Your system look good enough to justify the card.
> May consider OC the CPU a bit :p
>
> But for some unknown reason, some DX8 games no longer have the resolution
> options higher than 1024¡Ñ768 >_<
>

> "Alex" <alexc_hh@yahoo.com> ¦b¶l¥ó news:coma8q$2e11@imsp212.netvigator.com
> ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm planning to upgrade my ATI 9000 card to a GF card. Having no thought
> of
> > replacing my motherboard for the new PIC-X card, I am interested in the
GF
> > 6600 AGP card.
> >
> > I'd like to know does the card require individual power supply? I've
seen
> > some new GF cards with a power socket at its top corner. Wondering do I
> need
> > to feed it its power supply.
> >
> > Second thing is would such card too much for my system. My system spec.
is
> > as follow:
> >
> > Asus P4P800
> > 1GB Crucial DDR3200 RAM
> > 120GB IBM SATA HDD
> > Intel P4 2.4GHz
> >
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alex

Yes, sure you have some spear one from the ATX power supply.

Or take a closer look of what I got ^^
http://www.gfe.com.hk/news/25/20041117104213.htm

It seems just my luck to have my favourite 3 games refused to run at
anything higher than 1024¡Ñ768, my other DX8 game do not have such
problem -_-

By the way, you may not find those DX8 games run much faster (the result
from 3DMark01 proved that). But you can used 4¡Ñ anti-aliasing without
slower the game too much.

Hope this help.

"Alex" <alexc_hh@yahoo.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:comthf$2e75@imsp212.netvigator.com...